Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just in Time for Fourth of July...

My Memorial Day Cupcakes! I created these beautiful babies for a memorial day barbeque with my boyfriend's family. I knew I wanted to make something summer-y and patriotic, and picked up some beautiful fresh berries at the supermarket. When I came home, I decided that I would make a vanilla bean cake and fill it with berries. So, I cooked down some strawberries in a simple syrup and pureed them, and it turned out runny. I mixed in some of the cream cheese frosting I made and it came to a pretty decent consistency and a wonderful taste! I filled the centers and topped it with the cream cheese frosting, some berries, and these great red, white, and blue sprinkles I picked up. The cupcakes went over really well, as did I, when I fainted in front of Martin's extended family :) I've learned to take the good with the bad.
If you look closely, you can see the little vanilla bean flakes, it was deee-licious!

No comments:

Post a Comment