Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring has Sprung (Part 2)

Remember when I said I'd find my digital camera? I did. I charged it, and I took pictures of the Easter cupcakes that I had left. Here's the thing... either the Dysautonomia or one of the medicines make my hands shake likes it's nobody's business, so accomplishing a clear, beautiful picture like some of these other blogs might not happen. I guess that's what makes Cupcakes on Bedrest so special :)

To elaborate on the construction, the chicks' heads are a marshmallow- the cream cheese buttercream was piped over it and the rest of the cake. I also tried to pipe up little "tails" on the cuppies too, I think it's more apparent in person. The eyes, beaks, and cheeks on the bunnies are a gumpaste/modeling chocolate blend. I was really happy with the consistency these dried to. Yes, they were a pain in the ass to make. The bunny ears are also marshmallows with food-safe pink gel painted inside, with some shimmery sprinkles for fun :) The bunnies are covered in shredded coconut. The nests are all buttercream, colored and piped, with Cadbury Eggs.

... drumroll, please.




No comments:

Post a Comment